Friday, July 18, 2008

" I hear there used to be mountains, behind that fog"


The waterfalls look neon, today.
Glow in the dark paint on the rock's face.

Traveler 190 says today "Can you imagine what it would be like to wake up to this view every morning?"

I can't. Because I live it, every day.

I am even getting
used
to the scenery.

How does someone get used to perfection?

A day is a day is a day is a day is a day

(gone)

.:.:.

I know the kitchen so well, I can tell whether it is really clean, or perfectly clean in 2 seconds
I know the subtleties of this place, and the mountain
which is still not enough
enough is too plenty

.:.:.
3.80 was hot chocolate and a seat with a view and 2 travelers
i can't concentrate to read
i can't concentrate
food
.:.:.

the mountains have their own story
Monch, Eiger, and Jungfrau
the dark monk, the ogre, and the young maiden
the ogre loves the young maiden, but the dark monk looks after her
these are the characters outside my window
the mountain looked somehow vulnerable today
it had just come out to play for the evening, and was shy to show it's blush at the
sunset, kissing it's forehead.
we're just excited to see her, in whatever state she is in.
even if it is for 15 minutes on a clear night.
maybe it is all about the experience
because stir fried radishes and bananas and chives sure do taste good
(am i turning into my mother)
they taste so good I have to turn away from the mountain to enjoy.
The mountain requires full attention when being looked at
it is not something you can do half heartedly.
because EVERY single time I look at the mountain it is different
it is different EVERY single time I look at the mountain
EVERY single time I look the Mountain, it is different
light hits shadows swarm fog teeters
it plays a different role in every scene
here, she blushes pink. Can even she be vulnerable?
.:.:.
Rick Steeves called this place a Time Warp
No, it doesn't remind me of Rocky Horror
but "Tradition" from Fiddler on the Roof, it sure does.
A game of pool
Walter lets me win
romantic up there under those lights
going always first through the mother
a hand hold
and pint of beer
the deal is set
even though they'd rather have me with the actor
down to earth for being so handsome

blah

Budapest was dirty. Man, have I told you how clean Switzerland is?
Petra always kicks my attitude in the balls.
And sometimes washes my dishes.

.:.:.
I rarely feel like I have enough to offer
.:.:.
If I have the "where are you from" conversation again, I may combust

WHERE I AM FROM
most recently, Washington
most romantically, Alaska
most often, Flagstaff
most pridefully, Switzerland
most bloody, Europe
most originally, Colorado
most truly, from the Organs of the Strangest Mountain.
.:.:.
honest if called honest, V.R. Mooshe
.:.:.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The other day I asked God to send the biggest help he could imagine as soon as possible
1. 50 highschool kids to clean the kitchen for three days
2. finally letting go of an abusive relationship
3. an apology i wanted for 2 years from that relationship
4. an invitation i've wanted for 6 months
5. an accepted offer i've wanted forever
6. a dream-catcher (and love-giver)
Hope Faith Love live in the air
.:.:.
WIKI:
Greco-Roman conceptions

Main article: Eros (love)

In the classical world, the phenomenon of "love at first sight" was understood within the context of a more general conception of passionate love, a kind of madness or, as the Greeks put it, theia mania ("madness from the gods").[1] This love passion was described through an elaborate metaphoric and mythological psychological schema involving "love's arrows" or "love darts", the source of which was often given as the mythological Eros or Cupid,[2], sometimes by other mythological deities (such as Rumor[3]). At times, the source of the arrows was said to be the image of the beautiful love object itself. If these arrows were to arrive at the lover's eyes, they would then travel to and 'pierce' and 'wound' his or her heart and overwhelm him/her with desire and longing (love sickness). The image of the "arrow's wound" was sometimes used to create oxymorons and rhetorical antithesis concerning its pleasure and pain.

No comments: