Friday, July 4, 2008

Chalet Katia


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I LOVE YOU!

The purpose of today's title is to let you know how every home is labeled in Suisse. I even say a Chalet Sonneheim. (not spelled the same). Apparently, they like to label everything. .:.:.

The coolest thing Happened yesterday:
I MADE A FRIEND! Or rather, she made me, like baking a cake. I was retyping, and she just comes and sits on the pool table and talks to me! She is Petra's daughter. And I love her. She says they need to find me a nice swiss boy (did I mention I love her). She also says she can introduce me to her uncle and nephew, who are farmers. Cuz I asked how to make hay. I said
"sure, I'd love to take pictures"

.."and help".

Sometimes I forget that swiss=a huge love for hard work

Did I mention she gave me cantaloupe?
.:.:.

so maybe i am a little bit stinky. Because it costs one dollar to take a five minute shower and five dollars to wash your clothes. Therefore, I wash my clothes while I take a shower. And smile. :) You may be proud though, I am using a not stolen towel!

.:.:.

I am the opposite of alone here. In fact, I could go out at any time of the day and talk to someone. Hike with someone.

.:.:.

"so what are you doing today?"

"enjooooooooying...."

.:.:.
Forgive me for not describing this yet in the most poetic way, but the craziest thing happened : After cleaning the kitchen and releasing energy to the plants (description later), Petra let me use her binoculars. It was the first time I've seen the creature of truth close up. It was open and closed, rock and valley-so very versatile. Anyways, I noticed on some of the glaciers, that the snow is a little brown. I get worried and ask Walter, Petra's husband. He doesn't know what "snowbrown" is, but Petra says it's from the Sahara. I spend a few thousand moments in disbelief.

then

IT"S TRUE IT"S REALLY TRUE I CAN"T EVEN BELIEVE IT THE BROWN COLOR ON TOP OF THE GLACIERS ON TOP OF THE SWISS ALPS (SWISS!) ARE FROM A SANDSTORM FROM THE SAHARA DESERT. THE REAL ONE. IN AFRICA.

THE REAL SAHARA DESERT

ON TOP OF A SNOWCAPPED MOUNTAIN.

They think it's silly that I am so surprised. It is probably the most amazing thing I have ever heard.

I have to admit, at first I thought it was a large amount of dog pee. By a dog named sahara. How exotic she (the mountain) must feel.

Entergetic Flowers-

at the hostel, there are all sorts of red flowers (yes i must know the name) and daisys. Petra wants me to clip the ones that are wilted so that they 'have more energy back"

it was one of the most cathartic things I've ever done. Sometimes you just have to fuck identity and cut off what no longer works. Sometimes you have to give yourself space to breathe. Not sometimes. All the time. I have been both the wilted in the bag and the flower left to breathe. Nevermind all that, I guess.

Today I woke up with "you've lost that loving feeling" stuck in my head. Blame it on the oldies they play while we clean the kitchen. And a sense of impending doom. That whoever thought perfection is overrated was not a believer, and what else is to come besides landslides? death? a drunk liver? hatred? addiction? city lights? These things, that don't exist here-wander past this oasis, looking for other eyes to fest in. What can be done to stop them? Maybe noticing them. And saying hello.

.:.:.

So the craziest thing about being on the mountain is that the entire time you are spent admiring, gasping in the other side, of the valley and how does the mountain you are ON feel like?

.:.:.
I dreamt last night that I killed Lquit Builder the same way I killed Lscoc Disease. Lquit said that he wanted to make love to his ex girlfriend, while we were together-and not only did I kill him, but I think I killed the earth. In a most massive way that I don't remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! That sounds like heaven. And you're there at just the right time of year, too. Buggy, but beautiful.