Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Off Ends


The nights here are loud. I hear that depends on the crowd. Last night I was awoken a few times. Once to the sound of a very loud drinking game played by a couple of Aussies and Brits. Once to an older man giving the history of Swiss culture, and once to an unidentified suspect, serenading his girlfriend with a love song on the guitar. I can see the biggest struggle here for me might be a social one. That means I have .2 seconds to reform myself into a swiss butterfly. If I've ever smiled truly it was twice this morning where I half realized where I was. Never forget to have faith that good things are to come. The cool thing about this place is that most people are here for a short time only, and they try to make the best of it. These blogs are going to be very honest, they will say everything. I apologize once for offending anyone, and then I
take back the apology. My shoulders wince in pain from remembering yesterday with the pack; their only relief 30 minuets in a field watching the paragliders land (figured that was as good away as any to meet...locals)

I must admit, I stole a towel. It is one of the third things I have stolen in my life: a washcloth from a chinese resturant in Italy, popuri from the same resturant, and a towel today. I had picked it up early this morning when I was cleaning up, and put it on a shelf. 6 hours later it was still there-so I used it. Unsanitary? Probably, but much cheaper than the 60 dollar towel that is in Murren. I put the towel back. How could I have forgotten? I did the same thing the first time I moved to switzerland. I have met two people here. They are really into hiking. I would love to go hiking with them, but I"m pretty out of shape. Also, I'll only have so much time after 11AM when I am the kitchen CLEANer. I will research some hikes tonight. Too hot now.

Dreams of V.R.:
I was auditioning for mary gurauldi and I asked Emiah Lighter to leave so he wouldn't hear me sing. He was offended but I didn't want him to hear me, I was sick again for an audition and very frustrated. But I knew I had something wonderful to offer with "Gimmie Gimmie" but never got a chance to sing it. Emiah Lighter was holding hands with another girl. I let it fly but he knew I was offended, I really was just worried he might hear me sing.

No comments: