Thursday, July 10, 2008

Swissy: the cute/nice girl who cleans the kitchen who maybe is not so cute/nice when you don't clean your dishes!




The second picture I didn't take: but is the reason why it was harder than usual to water the flowers today. (hike to Shilthorn). Sorry bout the picture repeats, but I am waiting until my card reader gets here.

The title is the new sticker I put on my food basket today. Before I started cleaning the kitchen, I found a flower someone had left me in a cup by the sink, and also tomatoes in my basket!! People are so nice. Last night I was like "looks like a lot of good vegetables you've got there, I'm just going on rice and pasta". I didn't even know I was asking for anything. :)

So. Plan for the day: Tan in the swiss sun. Wake up. Look at the mountain. Repeat.

And I'll have some writings for you all (if I'm correct I have about 4 whole readers!) before the day is through.

.:.:.
My legs don't even look like legs. They look like swiss logs. Maybe that's how the swiss are so hearty. Before I left on this trip, my friend Lquit Builder said "I hope it's everything you need". I laughed and said a humble comment like "well, it won't be everything, but it will be some things." I was wrong. Everything that needed to happen happened on this hike. It was beautiful, scary, and hard enough to make tears. Therefore, today is a relaxing day. I even had time to straighten my hair!
Account of Shilthorn:
I started out by showing another Aussie couple how to get to Sprutz. On perhaps my favorite part of any hike here, my fallopian tubes decided to throw a riot. I policed them with four Alive, but it was horrible. The worst. After I split from them, I made a pact to myself that whether or not I got to my destination, that I would enjoy myself a long the way. (A little backround: Shilthorn is one of the 'big hikes' that everyone here talks about, and goes to the top of the alps as seen in the picture. It only takes 5 hours both ways, but I left late cuz of work and did not want to return too far in the dar). I sort of stayed true to this pact. After a forest it is straight for a long ways, but I got lost (no surprise there) and almost walked off a cliff that was some farmer's field. After this adventure, I got two killer spider bites that had me immobilized for 10 minutes. I used the teardrops of my waterbottle to rinse it, always trusting that there are fresh streams to fill up on a long the way. At this point it was dire hot, and I had my shirt tied into itself like they did in the 80's, the decade I was born in. Then it was flat for a very long way, which I was grateful for. Even more grateful when I realized that it was uphill for the next 3 hours. There is nothing interesting to say about this part. Except that I stopped every five steps, and had started to get a type of swiss calenture, when the mossy shark's fin started to look like a bed. (Excuse me, a fly just drowned in my rhubarb yogurt). And, I saw cows running down the hillside which I will try to uploud for you, and I stopped frequently to gnash my teeth into a loaf of bread (no surprise there again I know). At the end of this part, two moments paid off the work. When I arrived at ice lake, and looked behind me. I caught a prayer I threw on the top of a mesa on the San Juan and let it go, and dissipate. Few things feel better than forgiveness. Turning upwards, Neutral Milk Hotel was playing around the corner. Maybe it was the absinthe, or the ipod, but there was a party going on in my soul. There is a type of high you get from such physical exertion (I was supposed to work my way on up in the guide book from easy to strenuous but I took a little bit of a leap, just was feeling great that morning). After this was neon neon neon, you need arrows every 10 seconds so you don't get lost. At the top, I was enveloped in nothing but fog, and what stood out were these bright blue flowers. Every time I have been to the top of a mountain, I am impressed by the little crazies that are all the way up there, like caterpillars, or bright flowers. Also at the top was this little trophy garden of rock towers. You know, stacking rocks on top of each other as a trail marker. But this was a Bravo trophy. It looked like some sort of cemetery for bugs or something. At the top was a ledge about 3 feet wide that you (can) grab on to a cable to pass, or just do it. The slope that they were trying to prevent you from, I saw three french kids just totally slide down (for fun!). At the top of the Alps, the mountains did the weirdest things for me. They took of their clothes. Each layer of fog delicately fell until an entire panoramic view of the bernese oberland was exposed. I was higher than every paraglider. And what greeted me 2 minutes to the top? An eagle! And at the very top, a filming for Baliwood! They asked me to be apart. But, it was already 6PM, and I had to be home before dark. I had to stop for nothing. I took a bad bath through falling rocks, and got lost in meadows. While Tif is in Peru getting rioted by farmers, I'd give to see just one. At this point, I'm thinking these Sheep are the hyenas from Lion King and need to get home. I look at the mountain, and find the very valley that stands outside me window. I follow it follow it home. Murren puts on its make up at night. I stumble in the hostel, quite proud of myself, actually. :) More words l8ter.

.:.:.
Maybe i love the landscape because the mountain is as fickle as me
.:.:.
So I feel like an immortal here. An immortal kitchen cleaner. Everyone is always staying for shorter than me and I'm still here (for not long enough!)
.:.:.
I realized that the reason we can't be together is because at the bottom of my soul is a party, and at the bottom of his is a dungeon.
I would have gone
but its invitations were tightly sealed. Only open on fifth tuesdays between 12:01 and 12:02.
The reason it never worked, is because there is a party at the bottom of my soul. That is always open. And nothing can ever change that.
I would have traded my party for a dungeon.
And also, the only thing bigger than the sky, is forgiveness. And forgiveness wasn't at my party, back in 89.
Thinking about how I was supposed to be married next month is like when the waiter comes by and says "did you order..." but they are a new waitress, and you didn't order that at all.
Natalie says "you're too cool to be married now"
I know. It took me a long time to figure that out.
.:.:.
Receipes of V.R. Mooshe
Tomatoes. Sugar. Spices. Rice. Pan. Cook the rice and tomatoes separately. add milk to tomatoes. YUMMY dish!
.:.:.
Dreams of V.R. Mooshe:
Uh, I wrote Hro Round-a-bout it. Way too weird.

.:.:.
I have been here 10 days in the most beautiful place in the world.
of course I can't believe it
of course it will hit me when i leave
i only need one good reason to leave
haven't found it yet.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Is this where you are?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Gimmelwald,+Switzerland+Hostel&sll=46.546052,7.889171&sspn=0.019038,0.041327&ie=UTF8&ll=46.543779,7.89166&spn=0.019039,0.041327&z=15

I've been up the other valley and done some of the touristy things around the area. I envy you! This is truly one of the most beautiful places on planet earth.

Enjoy your time like there is no tomorrow!

And..no, I'm not some weird stalker...not even sure what google search ended me up here :) But, you caught my attention, so I'll probably drop in now and again if you don't mind!