Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lights on Lights on Lights


Te amo vida. I arrive after an exhausting, undereaten and over heated trip from plane to train to train to train to bus to cable car to there -is- way- to- much- in- this -bag. I arrive at Walters and he asks me what I want, and tells me to leave. Wonderful! I was just thinking that everything was perfect and I had no reason to return home for anything, and then he said that, and I just said "oh walter!" Now Myra, the girl who does the "kitchen bitch" job (typical Aussie vernacular) is explaining to me how the day is done. Seems like she hates it. This place is a little different from what it was six years ago: more cars (yes, mom, cars)-more "expanded" and the cows have moved north. The instruments that I remembered covering the floor are sort of smooshed into a corner. This idea of food must have been some sort of mis communication. They give out free beer here and everyone is college age-most people on their first trip to Europe, just having graduated college. Being social here might *might* be a problem (winks). Then....

I don't think anyone understands how happy I am. Let me try to explain. Petra finally meets me, after Walter kicked me out of his hotel. She is young-like 40 something, and has many a glint in her eye. She looks at me and tells me I need to get some sleep. It's true. I'm absolutely exhausted. And it's 6PM haven't really truely slept in awhile. So. She tells me she wants to enjoy a little bit before I become a "kitchen CLEANer" as her husband (also named walter) dubbs. She is surprised at how young I am and she is going to introduce me to her family!! I love my life and I love my life. She makes me tea and tells me that I have my own room. It is Jeff's lodge. Jeff the one from Canada. It is a rainstorm outside and I haven't even gotten to describing the surroundings to you-but MY ROOM. It's amazing. It's out on the deck, and out my window here is this AMAZING view of the swiss alps, I have more mattress then I've had in 10 months to me, all decorated with drawings on the wall, little duvets. Petra says "You will be cold" I say "I will just wear all my clothes" She says "We'll need to find you a boy!" "Just one?!" I say. I think we will get along, I can tell that she will like me. God willing. Anyways. the BEST part (sort of) of this whole thing is that on the top of the room there are Christmas light lanterns decorating the entire ceiling. When I turned them on, and then looked out the window to my soulmate land, I experienced the happiest moment of my life. I'm sorry to say this, but you guys have no idea. Come out and visit me! This is so much better than I could have ever expected. The room is full of hiking sticks and Jeff's stories. I go downstairs "Where's Jeff?" "I'm sorry" Petra says. "What's the internet address?" "I'll give it to you later, it's just for you" Sorry guys. I'm never leaving.

I try to go back to sleep but I have to write like an obese person has to eat. Mom, they even have adapters here for me! And sunscreen and socks! To everyone who I freaked out about my lens cap to, it was with me all along! I like this swtizerland a bit better than the rich one with all the fancy clothes, allthough the air did remind me of tasis. I hope to soak in all the coolness that Jeff is by staying here in his old place. My doorstop is chocolat fondue. I forgot to say a few things, one is that I have to admit that it was sort of weird to hear profanities in such a beautiful place last night, and i'm not sure the moutnains apprecaite it. although, the mt. was young once too and maybe enjoys remembering it's youth. A girl puts on make up outside on the porch and instead of saying "you idiot, we are in the mountains, you hauled make up out here?!" I say "great spot to put on your make up isn't it?" :) Oh yeah, the top of the toilet seat is a cow pie and the underside is a picture of a cow. I haven't heard them yet this morning. After studying little fragments of German, I try to impress Petra. "That sounds too German' she says "well then I won't say it!" I say. She laughs. Above me? A headlamp. Now i can't ignore that. Tonight we shall go night hiking. Oh yeah, and I woke up to jembes.

No comments: