Sunday, July 13, 2008

Food for the plebians, please



This morning I awoke to a duct tape sticker on a plate of breakfast saved just for me by Amanda! Sometimes I have a lot of hope for the people in the world. Last night was wonderful, it seemed to cleanse me. It's another fog day, but I can still see little whiskers of the mountain at points. I must hike today, or I will turn into a stir crazy stir fry.
Yesterday I shared my tea 3x and it paid off 10 fold.

I slept with my head towards the mountain. Woke up half way through a nightmare
and turned around
to a good dream.

seriously this is getting a little weird.

.:.:.
When I got back from my hike today, I had no idea what I had just done. Not because I was confused or absent minded, but because of the fog. It never cleared. I hear there used to be mountains behind that fog. The mountains and the fog must be making some baby! I'm excited to see it when it comes out. So, I practiced being in Tucson, I practiced being in New York, and looking through the fog, and imagining what the mountains would look like. Except, it would be buildings and desert I was looking through, but same thing.
"No one needs fog. Fog is useless." -Traveler 392
I disagree. Fog is enchanting and ethereal. But literally, I am living in a cloud. When I saw a herd of cows in the fog, the swiss bells even became a little eerie. But I did see cows WRESTLE! That was crazy.
I did regret going to Gusthalp today, because last time I went I thought quietly "there is nothing here" but this time there really WAS nothing there, and I felt bad for not realizing what there was
while there was (before.)
Also, why does every hike take me twice as long as the sign says? I didn't even take any pictures this time! Either way, it was good to get out. My goal today was to get dirty enough to take a shower and I was completely soaked, hands numb for 30 minutes.
When I arrived back to the Homstel (like that?), I was face to face with 50 high school kids from Washington.
Again as always, my territory felt threatened, and I hated them.
Then Petra told me I don't have to clean the kitchen for 3 days because they do it!
I LOVE THEM! Wow!! I walk around with a smile on my face, and greet them all with a BIG how-to-do! Maybe I'll go on a trip somewhere, West Side Story is playing in Thun.
Oh and the best part? I get to eat all the rest of their food when they leave! Man, they are all wonderful, gorgeous people! :)
I am their big sister and they are all going to love me. We'll make pies of silence together and I will teach them about life.

.:.:.
Lesson learned today:
you are never too cool to go hiking in the alps without a water bottle

never
unless you are a camel
I am not a camel
.:.:.

No comments: